Membership of the Employment Lawyers Group Northern Ireland is open to practicing solicitors and barristers. Apprentice solicitors and pupil barristers are welcome to join.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Full membership grants you access to all of the seminars held by us at the cheaper rate of £10.00 per seminar.
- Eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Eligible to run for election as a representative for employment lawyers.
- Keep up to date on the latest presidential guidance and other relevant employment law developments in Northern Ireland.
- Obtain CPD points to benefit your practice. Each seminar typically attracts 1 CPD point from the Law Society NI and Bar of NI.
- You will support the furthering of the aims of ELGNI.
Comparison between members and non-members
|Pay £10.00 per seminar||Flat-rate charge of £20.00 per seminar. |
No other benefits.
Barristers in pupilage may attend any seminar free of charge.
How much does it cost to become a member?
Due to the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in particular the impact this has had on our ability to provide our membership with regular educational seminars and events, the committee resolved that the membership price shall be set to £0.00 (nil) in the year 2020-2021. This has now been extended to the year 2021-2022.
There has never been a better time to join the ELGNI.
Ordinary membership cost
While the information above reflects the present position regarding membership costs, for the benefit of prospective members the below outlines the membership position prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is likely that the committee will resolve to return to a costs structure similar to this once the ELGNI is able to fully resume its activities. This will not be before the 2022-2023 membership year.
- Full membership: £35.00 per annum
- Seminars charged at a reduced rate of £10.00 per seminar
- Junior barristers (under 7 years’ call): £20.00 per annum
- Barristers in pupilage: £0.00 during the first year
How do I join?
If you want to join ELGNI, please contact our secretarial support Bridie Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to arrange your membership.