Membership of the Employment Lawyers Group Northern Ireland is open to practicing solicitors and barristers. Apprentice solicitors and pupil barristers are welcome to join.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Full membership grants you access to all of the seminars held by us at the cheaper rate of £10.00 per seminar.
- Eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Eligible to run for election as a representative for employment lawyers.
- Keep up to date on the latest presidential guidance and other relevant employment law developments in Northern Ireland.
- Obtain CPD points to benefit your practice. Each seminar typically attracts 1 CPD point from the Law Society NI and Bar of NI.
- You will support the furthering of the aims of ELGNI.
Comparison between members and non-members
|Pay £10.00 per seminar
|Flat-rate charge of £20.00 per seminar.
No other benefits.
Barristers in pupilage may attend any seminar free of charge.
Membership subscription fees applicable from 1st February 2023 are as follows: –
- Full membership: £45.00 per annum
- Junior barristers (under 7 years’ call): £20.00 per annum
- Barristers in pupilage: £0.00 during the first year
Membership subscription fees were waived in legal year 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
How do I join?
If you want to join ELGNI, please contact our Secretary Sarah Cochrane at Sarah.Cochrane@carson-mcdowell.com who will be happy to arrange your membership.